The following is a Social Media Comparison of two full-featured social media management tools: Sprout Social vs Hootsuite. You must analyze how each software performs its functions in order to determine the benefits of one over the other. Which system allows for the most efficient publishing? What about the more detailed reporting?
We’ll compare Sprout Social with Hootsuite based on dashboards, publishing, scheduling, collaboration, reporting, and integration capabilities to help you answer those questions for yourself. Use our Product Selection Tool to get a free shortlist of social media management software choices and save time on research.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Social Media Management Tool?
Sprout Social and Hootsuite are two of the most popular social media marketing monitoring platforms on the market currently.
What Is Sprout Social?
When we compare Sprout Social vs Hootsuite, the principal product of Sprout Social is a social media management software program that has evolved into a fully formed end-to-end solution over time.
There are four key functions are integrated into a single interface:
- Publishing and scheduling
- Reporting and analytics
- Monitoring and social listening
- Tools for better customer communication
- Incoming inquiry response that is automated
- All account tiers include access to analytics, audience demographics, and reports.
- All plans include a limit on the number of Instagram and Twitter brand alerts.
- A strict limit of 10 scheduled postings per day reduces the value of unlimited manual posting.
- Incoming inquiry response that is automated
- Depending on the tier, social profiles are limited to 5 to 10. Additional profiles can be purchased for a fee.
- All account tiers include access to analytics, audience demographics, and reports.
- There is no support for TikTok.
What Is Hootsuite?
When we compare Sprout Social vs Hootsuite, Hootsuite is a privately held Canadian corporation that serves over 800 Fortune 1000 businesses. The tool’s strongest features have developed from controlling a single social channel to becoming a single interface for managing your whole social media presence.
- Creating and scheduling a post
- Streams management allows you to see and measure activity across all of your social media networks in one place.
- Robust analytics across a mix of all channels or individual channels, depending on your needs.
- Social media campaign management by a team
- In a content library, custom material is kept.
- Scheduling and posting are both unlimited.
- The basic Pro plan allows for ten social profiles; this increases to twenty for teams, thirty-five for business, and fifty for the enterprise.
- In the Professional tier, you get free customizable reporting.
- Professional level reporting features are reduced in comparison to higher tiers and competition; Advanced reporting is only offered to higher tiers as an add-on.
- Listening tools for Business and Enterprise tiers are locked behind add-ons.
- There is no support for TikTok.
What Does Using a Social Media Management Tool Cost?
The correct social media management solution can help you in creating outstanding social-first content and keeping all of your social profiles functioning smoothly and quickly, all while monitoring those crucial client interactions. When it comes to selecting the best social media tool for your company, there are numerous aspects to consider. Here are some of the most important aspects to consider when choosing a social media management platform.
Supported Social Networks:
If you’re targeting a younger audience, for example, you’ll want to purchase software that can publish to TikTok and Snapchat (Loomly). However, if your business is mostly video-based, investing in Sprout Social vs Hootsuite is a sensible decision.
Obviously, the cost will be a major deciding factor. Normally, the cost of SMM software ranges from $12 to $599 each month. As a result, it may be as cheap as you want it to be if you’re willing to forego some functionality.
For starters, if you’re really strapped for cash, some software vendors offer free tiers. Both Hootsuite and Zoho have free tiers, but as you may expect, they don’t include all of the features available.
A basic package, outside of the free tiers, will cost a business roughly $25 per month. Sendible, Loomly, and Hootsuite, for example, all charge $25 per month for their cheapest subscription.
However, if you want every attachment, you’ll have to pay a lot more. Sprout Social, Sendible, and Loomly, for example, all feature higher-tiered SMM software that costs around $250 per month.
Which should you choose – Social vs Hootsuite vs Sprout Social vs Buffer:
Sprout Social and Hootsuite both provide tiered membership plans for their services. From a design standpoint, Sprout Social is much easier to look at and use. Hootsuite prioritizes functionality over aesthetics.
Hootsuite has a reporting advantage, but Sprout Social includes more features, such as social CRM and audience found. Both are excellent tools for managing your social media, but the difference lies in which aspects are most important to your business.
Hootsuite’s capabilities are more extensive and provide you more freedom when it comes to managing accounts, which is especially useful if you have a team of marketing experts in charge of social media.
While Sprout Social features technologies that give it an advantage in customer relationship management and customer care, it offers users less robust and cost-prohibitive experiences.
When we compare Sprout Social vs Hootsuite: It’s worth noting that the two platforms are nearly comparable when it comes to managing social profiles, with the most modern channels available. Hootsuite foregoes Reddit in favor of Tumblr, whereas Sprout Social takes the opposite strategy.
Sprout Social vs Hootsuite – Review
Sprout Social was created to make it easier for businesses and customers to communicate. Sprout Social was created with the goal of providing businesses with a variety of features while maintaining a pleasant user experience. Subaru, Ticketmaster, and Evernote are among the company’s major clients.
BrightKit, the predecessor to Hootsuite, was established in 2008. Its purpose was to make managing all of a company’s social media profiles easier. BrightKit eventually became Hootsuite, which now boasts over 1,400 workers and 18 million users.
Though Hootsuite and Sprout Social both collect posts in a feed, the way each platform shows the feed differs significantly. Hootsuite allows users to customize the information displayed in each feed by creating neighboring streams on a single dashboard.
Sprout Social neglects its competitor’s multi-columnar method in favor of aggregating postings into a single feed. By selecting and unchecking filters, you may tailor the information in the feed, and you can also switch to a network-specific view (for example, everything from LinkedIn) with a single click.
Publishing and Scheduling:
You can compose a message, choose which account it comes from, attach photos, shorten links, and choose a target audience from the main feed dashboard.
Draught is a feature in both platforms that allows you to save posts that aren’t quite ready for publication and return to them later. You can use Hootsuite’s bulk schedule function to plan up to 50 posts at once by uploading a CSV file.
Both Hootsuite and Sprout Social provide content calendars that you can use to schedule posts ahead of time. Each system can choose posting times for you if you want to automate your posts.
Both platforms use a proprietary algorithm to determine the optimum times to post to maximize audience engagement.
Hootsuite and Sprout Social both perform a good job of assisting you in publishing content to your various social media networks.
In terms of content scheduling, Sprout Social and Hootsuite are tied at 9.1, but Agorapulse outperforms both with a 9.3.
Hootsuite allows users to be assigned to one of three roles: super admin, admin, or default. If you want to control employee Hootsuite accounts, you can apply one of the three permission settings to a complete team.
Sprout Social has administrative features including role-based permissions and multi-step publishing approval that are similar to Sprout Social. Any post in the feed can be tagged as a task and assigned to a person or team.
Hootsuite’s overview report divides your social accounts into four categories: posts, followers, interactions, and stats. This gives you a general picture of how well your social media outlets are performing. Custom reports can be created in Hootsuite and then exported as PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, or CSV files.
Sprout Social allows you to check engagement on a single platform or examine how your posts perform across all of your social media accounts. Competitor reports let you uncover new engagement opportunities by comparing your social accounts to theirs.
Hootsuite offers four price options to help you find the right package for your business. Small businesses will benefit from the lowest tier, which enables only one user. The basic subscription provides free app integrations, a social inbox where you can respond to customers, and the ability to schedule multiple posts in advance for up to 10 accounts.
The basic version, on the other hand, limits your post boost spending to $500 and excludes advanced features like customizable reports and a content library.
Sprout Social has three pricing tiers, but instead of charging per user per month, they charge per user per month. This might quickly become financially prohibitive for larger teams. The basic platform includes up to five social profiles for scheduling, as well as a social CRM and review management for reading and responding to customer evaluations.
You’ll need to upgrade to a higher plan if you want competition reports, optimal send time scheduling, or advanced reporting.
Integrations and extras:
In terms of third-party integration with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, Hootsuite has the upper hand. They also provide a directory of over 150 native integrations, with 127 of them being free.
Users of Hootsuite may also utilize the Campaigns feature to create a landing page and organize social competitions and giveaways.
- There are more than 150 app connectors available.
- Integrations for eCommerce, email marketing, and help desk were included.
Sprout Social integrates with the major social media platforms listed above, as well as Zendesk, Uservoice, Google Analytics, Feedly, HubSpot, and TripAdvisor.
Sprout Social compensates for its lack of integrations with extras, such as its social CRM. Sprout Social provides a record for each account that follows you or that you follow, storing interaction history as well as basic contact information.
Analytics – Sprout Social vs Hootsuite:
Detractors of Hootsuite frequently point to the platform’s obfuscation of critical analytic data behind higher-paid tiers as a major flaw. The one feature that Hootsuite has that Sprout Social does not is the ability to customize reporting for users at all levels.
Pros: Sprout Social vs Hootsuite
- Customized reporting is available without additional charges.
- Basic data analytics are provided by the professional layer.
- Only add-ons provide ad metrics and demographics for your audience.
- Only as an add-on is competitor analysis available.
Sprout Social: Sprout Social offers a modest edge in that all plans include some analytics access, but the platform’s lack of customizability in reporting and data makes it tough to consider it a true benefit.
- All plans come with relevant analytics.
- An additional feature is an advanced analytics.
- Plan tier-gated competitor analysis
- Customized reports are an optional feature.
Difference between Hootsuite and Sprout Social:
Sprout Social vs Hootsuite At a Glance:
Reviewers found Sprout Social to be easier to use, set up, and administer when comparing the two systems. Overall, reviewers enjoyed doing business with Sprout Social.
- Sprout Social, according to reviewers, fits the demands of their business better than Hootsuite.
- Reviewers felt that Sprout Social was the best option when it came to continuous product support.
- Our evaluators liked the path of Sprout Social over Hootsuite in terms of feature upgrades and roadmaps.
Shared Categories: Social Media Analytics, Social Media Suites, Social Media Management, Social Media Monitoring, and Hashtag Monitoring are all categories that Hootsuite and Sprout Social fall into.
- There are no distinct categories in Hootsuite.
- Sprout Social is a social customer service platform.
What makes Hootsuite and Sprout Social so different?
Sprout Social vs Hootsuite – Quick Overview:
1. What We Enjoy: Hootsuite
- 150+ apps in the Hootsuite App Discovery store
- Free version available
- Extensive variety of social network interconnections
It Could Be A Lot Better:
- Packages at the lower tiers are extremely limited.
- There are more effective collaboration and social listening solutions available.
- Advanced automation skills are lacking.
Key Features: Sprout Social vs Hootsuite
- Curation of content
- Management of a group
- Library of apps and integrations
Pricing: Sprout Social vs Hootsuite
- Manage three social profiles for free, with 30 scheduled posts per month.
- Professional: $29 per month, includes one user, ten social profiles, and unlimited scheduling.
- Team: $129 a month for three users and twenty social profiles
- $599/month for 5 users (up to 10 for an additional fee), 35 social profiles
- Create support tickets directly from the UI.
- The customer service team is active on social media.
- The setup is simple.
- Scheduling is simple.
- An extension for Chrome that allows you to quickly share content on social media.
2. What We Enjoy: Sprout Social:
- An intuitive, feature-rich user interface
- A variety of detailed reporting options are provided.
- Tools for effective collaboration and automation
It Could Be A Lot Better:
- For large account teams, costs quickly climb.
- Advanced features are only available with higher-priced subscriptions.
- YouTube integration is limited.
- Workflow tools for teams
- Templates for insightful reporting
- Listening in on social media
- Tools for automation
- Standard: $99 per month per user, includes five social profiles and complete scheduling management
- Professional: $149 a month per user, including ten social profiles, competitive reports, and support desk integration.
- Advanced: $249 a month per user, includes ten social profiles, an automated chatbot, alerts, and Twitter surveys.
- Training on the platform itself
- Professional and Advanced categories of concierge service
- Setup is quick.
- An easy-to-use interface
Compare Hootsuite and Sprout Social:
Who is Hootsuite for?
Sprout Social vs Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a good all-around social media management software for organizations and individuals of all types because of its multitude of features, connectors, publishing options, and even cost.
However, for those just getting started with social media management, they even have a free version with limited capability.
Who is Sprout Social for?
Sprout Social vs Hootsuitel: Sprout Social is an excellent choice for medium to large enterprises with several social profiles on each platform and multiple users on their social media management team. Sprout Social is one of the greatest solutions you may use for social network management, posting, and reporting.
Although Sprout Social caters to a wide range of businesses and individuals, its pricing excludes some.
Agorapulse vs Hootsuite vs Sprout Social:
We wrote this Sprout Social vs Hootsuite post to help you in your search for the finest social media management system for your individual needs.
Emeric is a co-founder of Agorapulse, a social media management platform utilized by over 11,000 companies in 180 countries. You’ll never want to deal with Hootsuite’s needlessly convoluted reporting procedure again because Agorapulse makes it so simple.
Hootsuite and Sprout Social’s closest competitor is Agorapulse. We’ve also taken the liberty of including our 627 reviews in the mix when they’re appropriate because we have higher G2 user ratings on most things.
If Agorapulse doesn’t place first in these categories, you can count on us to offer you clear, honest information. We believe in upfront, transparent pricing at Agorapulse, therefore you’ll find all the details you need on our price page for our various programs.
Sprout Social vs Hootsuite vs Buffer:
Both Buffer and Hootsuite have established themselves as market-leading social media management solutions. These apps allow small and medium enterprises to manage their whole social media presence from a single dashboard.
Buffer provides numerous possibilities for data analysis and report creation. It even makes strategic suggestions for expanding social reach and engagement. It also works with the most recent social features, such as Instagram Stories.
Both Hootsuite and Buffer function with the majority of popular social media platforms, although their primary focus seems to be different. Hootsuite is a dedicated social media management application that allows you to manage all of your social media accounts from one place.
Loomly vs Hootsuite vs buffer:
Loomly is a user-friendly social media calendar that connects your workflow with social media. You’ll have instant access to all of your calendars, allowing for a more efficient workflow. It aids team cooperation because you are notified immediately when a team member comments or modifies a piece of content.
You don’t have to wait for approval after posting material with Loomly; you may send it to your client and get comments right away. By displaying the reaction rates on your post, Loomly also assists you in determining your success rates.
A buffer is a useful tool for managing many social media accounts from one dashboard. You can also write posts and schedule them to be published at a later time. Auto publishing is a function that allows you to post content as and when it becomes available.
Hootsuite is a prominent social media management tool that also comes with a slew of collaboration tools. This tool allows users to effortlessly share interaction streams with their colleagues. With this highly collaborative platform, users can better govern different communication channels.
What to Read Next:
- The 10 Best Social Media Dashboard
- 16 Effective Google Analytics Dashboard Template
- Free Hootsuite Dashboard Login:
- Free Hootsuite vs Sprout Social:
We cover in this post Sprout Social vs Hootsuite: What is the difference between Hootsuite and sprout social: social vs Hootsuite vs sprout social- Agorapulse vs Hootsuite vs sprout social- compare Hootsuite and sprout social -Sprout Hootsuite -Loomly vs Hootsuite vs buffer- Best social media dashboard