We’ll look at how to access and get your Google Analytics Tracking ID in this article: Almost every business has a website nowadays. That is why it is important for you to understand your site’s internal structure in order to determine whether it is performing its intended function. You’ll need to know what users do when they arrive on your site, how long they remain, and which pages they view for this.
Let’s get started:
Table of Content:
- What is Google Analytics Property Tracking:
- Where do I Find My Google Analytics Tracking ID by Simple Way
- What is “universal analytics”:
- FAQ – Frequently Ask Question: GA Tracking ID/Code:
What is Google Analytics Property Tracking:
When you use Analytics to track a resource, you add a property ID in the tracking code that you insert on your web pages or in the source code of your app.
Performance data, such as the number of users or screen views, and resources tagged with the same ID are stored in the same property. If you add one property ID to two websites, for example, data from both will display in the same property in your Analytics account.
A property is a website, a mobile app, or a blog that is paired with a unique google analytics tracking ID. As a result, one or more properties can be found in a Google Analytics account.
To notify Analytics must include tracking identification (UA-000000-2) in your tracking code to indicate which account and property to send data to.
How to get tracking code Google Analytics?
- If you’re using an existing tracking code, you’ll need to alter the URL in two places in your Google Universal Analytics account.
- If you don’t already have one, you may quickly set up a Google Universal Analytics account for your website.
Consider your long-term reporting objectives and how they can affect the structure of your account. Plan execution before creating new properties.
Where do I Find My Google Analytics Tracking ID: Follow Simple Steps
Where is the Google Analytics tracking code:
The tracking ID for a Universal Analytics property can be found on the “Property Settings” page in Admin.
Create a Google Analytics property for each website you want to collect data from, and receive a unique Tracking ID, and a global site tag if you haven’t previously.
If you can’t discover your UA code, you might have a Google Analytics 4 property, in which case you’ll need to apply Google Tag Manager, create a Universal Property (with a UA code), or add it to your site.
On each webpage, you want to measure, copy and paste the global site tag just after the opening head> tag.
How to add Google Analytics Tracking ID:
Google Analytics is a tool that helps you keep track of your website’s traffic and usage. In Site Managers, you may add your Google Universal Analytics tracking code.
Using an existing Google Analytics account
You’ll need to modify the URL in two places in your Google Universal Analytics account if you’re utilizing an existing tracking code.
Creating a new Google Analytics account:
You may quickly set up a Google Universal Analytics account if you don’t already have one.
Go to Google Analytics and sign in/sign up with your Gmail account to do so. Select the Website tab on the following screen.
Now Select your Tracking Method as Universal Analytics and Enter the Account Name.
Enter the name of the website you want to track as well as the URL of the website you want to track (using https://).
Then, under Data Sharing Settings, deselect all of the choices.
- Click the Get Tracking ID button after adjusting the data sharing parameters.
- There will be a prompt box where you can change the country/region to the United Kingdom, for example.
- Click the I Accept button after reading the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement.
- Copy the Tracking ID with Ctrl+C and paste it into your WCMS site (see Add your Tracking ID to your WCMS site below).
Adding your WCMS site’s Tracking ID
A Google Analytics tracking code can be added to a site by the site manager.
To begin, go to the Administration tab, click on Dashboard, then pick Google Universal Analytics under Site Management.
- Paste the Tracking ID into the Tracking ID field (Ctrl+V).
- Optionally, fill in the Google site ownership confirmation section with your Google site ownership confirmation information.
- Finally, Choose Submit, now you have done successfully
How long does Google Analytics take to begin tracking?
It can take up to 48 hours for Google Analytics to reflect your website traffic after you first set it up. However, you can see if Analytics is running well or not by looking at the real-time reports. It’s the simplest and quickest way to make sure you’ve set up Google Analytics correctly.
How to Add Google Analytics Tracking Code to a Website in Simple Step:
You may track the number of visitors to your site, the search keywords they used to locate your site, the time spent on your site, goal conversion, and much more Google Analytics tracking code can be added to your website.
The first step is to locate your tracking ID, which may be done by following these steps:
- Click Tracking Info > Tracking Code in the Property column.
- The unique tracking ID for your website is displayed at the top of the page under Tracking ID and begins with UA.
Once you’ve got your tracking ID, you’ll need to get your tracking code snippet, which is the specific property and can be found on this page as the Global Site Tag (gtag.js) launched in 2017. You’ll need to copy and paste this code to every webpage you wish to track on your website.
Follow these steps to copy and paste your gtag.js:
- Replace the GA TRACKING ID with the tracking ID you received from Google Analytics.
- On each page of your site that you want to track in Google Analytics, paste the code snippet directly after the head> element.
Note: If your website currently uses Google Tag Manager, gtag.js isn’t required; instead, stick with GTM.
How to Find Google Analytics Tracking id with the Global Site Tag.
Here’s how to get the tracking code Analytics provides.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Select Tracking Info > Tracking Code from PROPERTY then Select Admin.
- Choose an account from the drop-down menu.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, select a property.
- Now Select Tracking Info > Tracking Code from PROPERTY.
- Finally, choose “Tracking Code.” from the menu
At the top of the page, you’ll see your Tracking ID.
Website Tracking > Global Site Tag displays your global site tag in a text box farther down the page (gtag.js)
The global site tag:
To add the global site tag to your web pages, follow these steps:
- Copy the whole text box’s contents.
- On each page of your site, paste it just after the head> tag.
The global site tag consists of many lines of code that must be pasted into each webpage to be measured:
Google Analytics Tracking ID vs Measurement ID:
You have a Measurement ID instead of a GA Tracking ID if you’re working with a Google Analytics 4 property. A Measurement ID has the following format G-XXXXXXX and the format of the string Tracking ID is like UA-000000-2.
Keep in mind that when you create an Analytics account, you’ll get a Google Analytics 4 property with a measurement ID (G-) instead of a Universal Analytics property (UA-).
porting, analysis, and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
If a visitor uses numerous browsers, Google Analytics will monitor them as multiple unique users. Universal Analytics, on the other hand, allows users to be tracked across multiple devices and browsers.
What is ‘Universal Analytics’ Property and How to Create Step by Step
Universal Analytics which was introduced in 2012, is a version of Analytics that figures a new level for how user data is composed and organized.
New tracking codes and functionalities from UA are available for websites, allowing for more accurate measurement of user behavior.
Both Universal and Google Analytics tracking IDs provide the same statistics to users, but the UA provides more in-depth information about the user’s behavior to the account owner.
Google is encouraging all users to move their property to Universal, and today it is officially a supported version.
The UA has introduced three new tracking codes to help users gather more useful insights about their website visitors, which is why businesses can now more accurately estimate their customer count.
- Analytics.js is a piece of code that tracks how visitors interact with your site.
- Google Analytics SDKs – This code is for tracking mobile devices.
- Measurement Protocol – This collects data from other devices, such as game consoles
Configuration of your analytics:
UA also offers businesses a variety of account configuration options, including:
- Organic search sources
- Session and campaign timeouts
- Eliminating Referral Sources
- Ignoring search terms
Universal Analytics vs Google Analytics:
From all of the data associated with the same user ID, Analytics builds a single user journey. A Google Analytics 4 property, unlike Universal Analytics, integrates User ID natively across all re
FAQ – Frequently Ask Question: GA Tracking ID/Code:
What is the Google Analytics Tracking ID/Code
The Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC) gets data from web pages in general. The commands on the _gaq array are executed and the array is turned into a tracking object once the code has been fetched and loaded.
How do I get Google Analytics Tracking Code?
- Log in to your Analytics account and select Admin from the drop-down menu.
- Select an account then choose the Property column.
- Select Tracking Info > Tracking Code under your Property. At the top of the page, you’ll see your Tracking ID.
What is a Snippet of Google Analytics ID/Code?
It calls _trackPageview to send the tracking data back to the Google Analytics servers after using _setAccount to set the page’s web property ID.
What version of the Google Analytics tracking code is currently in use?
GA4, which is now the default Google Analytics installation, is a rebranded version of the App+Web Property, which Google launched in a Beta form in 2019. Universal Analytics has been replaced by GA4.
What is Google Universal Analytics?
GA was launched in 2012, and it established a new standard for users to collect and organize data. It also provides new tracking codes for websites and capabilities that can more effectively analyze user behavior.
What is an Asynchronous Tracking Code?
Google Analytics has received an update that allows for asynchronous monitoring, which implies that analytics tracking can take place while other content is being rendered.
Is Measurement ID the same as Google Analytics Tracking ID?
You have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID if you’re working with a Google Analytics 4 property.
The formate of Measurement ID is like G-XXXXXXX.
How do I add Google Analytics Tracking ID to WordPress in 3 easy steps?
Google Analytics tracking id WordPress:
You can set up Google Analytics in WordPress in a few different ways. To avoid double tracking of page visits in your Google Analytics account, you must only use one of these methods on your website.
Method 1: MonsterInsights’ Google Analytics for WordPress
Method 2: Plugin for Inserting Headers and Footers
Method 3: Integrate Google Analytics as a part of your WordPress theme.
A simple method of Google Analytics tracking id WordPress is:
- To get started first, Go to Appearance » Theme Editor in your WordPress dashboard.
- Now, on the right-hand side, below the Tempe Files section, click the Theme Header (header. PHP) file.
- Before the concluding /head> tag, paste the tracking code you just got from your Analytics profile.
You can also visit for more details to know: GA ID Tracking
How do Find Google Analytics Tracking ID Android?
In the ACCOUNT column, choose an account from the drop-down option. Choose a property from the Prp[erty column’s menu. Select Tracking Info > Tracking Code under your property. At the top of the page, you’ll see your Google Analytics ID.
There is no google analytics tracking ID for Data Streams in Android and iOS apps since to track GA, you must include Firebase in your app and link your GA account with Firebase. If you’re running a web Data Stream, however, the Tracking ID (also known as the Measurement ID) may be found in Admin / Property / Data Stream / Web.
How to Add Google Analytics Tracking ID Wix:
Google Analytics 4 is a new sort of property that has been added to the platform (GA4). A Google Analytics 4 property ID can be used to track information about your Wix site- (UA- XXXXXXXX- XX). You may only add one property to track events on your Wix site at a time.
What is a Google Analytics URL builder?
Google URL Builder helps you measure which of your marketing campaigns are performing well, and which aren’t.
You can add campaign parameters to URLs easily with this tool to track custom campaigns in GA or on Google Analytics Tracking ID
You can find it in GA. Go to the Behavior section All Page and enter the name of your folder in the search field where you will get a list of URLs with standard metrics.
What is a UTM generator: A UTM or Urchin Tracking Module is a simple code that can be attached to any URL to generate Google Analytics data for digital campaigns. It helps track the progress of the campaign on all online platforms.
What is Google Analytics ID: User ID is a unique set of alphanumeric characters (like GdffTeeD456589) like UA-000000-3. To notify Analytics which account and property to transmit data to, it must be included in your tracking code.
What is Google Analytics QR Tracking?
For businesses with an online presence, Google Analytics is now one of the most extensively used analytical tools. When incorporated into a website, the Google Analytics tracking ID is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data.
While QR tracking codes (Google Analytics QR code) refer to the technique of tracking QR Code scan performance and providing useful information. Find out how many individuals scanned the QR Code, as well as who they were, where they came from, what device they used, and how they acted.
Because most businesses now have a presence online through their websites and many social media accounts, Google Analytics QR Code Tracking can help you better understand your customers.
How to Track Google Analytics link tracking code?
You’ll need a Google Analytics account linked to your website via a custom tracking code to use this function. If that’s done, proceed to the next step: Select Account settings after clicking your profile image in the top right corner. Toggle the tracking options in Analytics.
How to create Google Analytics tracking id for Kickstarter
After you’ve obtained your tracking ID, insert it at the bottom of the Promotion tab in your Kickstarter project editor before launching your campaign.
Note that you can’t use Google Analytics to measure traffic to your project from the Kickstarter mobile applications right now.
Summary of Tracking id Google Analytics:
What you learn in this article is:
- What is my Google Analytics id?
- Where to find Google Analytics tracking id
- How do I find my Google Analytics id
- How to get google analytics id
- What is Google Analytics property id
- How do I find my Google analytics id
- What is my google analytics tracking id
Don’t be confused when finding words like – Google Tracking id / what is google analytics id / GA tracking id / google analytics id / what is the google analytics id, QR code analytics, etc.
- What is Google Tag Manager used for:
- What is Google Analytics tracking ID/Code
- 10 Best Key Dimensions and Metric in Google Analytics
- Google UTM Link Builder | UTM Maker | UTM Parameters Builder
Google analytics tracking id – tracking id google analytics – whats my google analytics tracking id
how to find google analytics tracking id – google analytics tracker id – how to find google analytics tracking id – where to find google analytics tracking id- how to find my google analytics tracking id
– how to get google analytic tracking id – what is my google analytics property tracking id – google analytics id – google tracking id – tracking id google analytics – analytics id – ga tracking id